Know Before You Go
Important Things to Know Before You Go!
We can’t wait to see you, and thousands of your occupational and environmental health and safety colleagues, at the Salt Palace Convention Center for AIHce 2015! Here are some helpful details to make the most of your time in Salt Lake City.
BEFORE LEAVING HOME
- Print your confirmation email (to include the barcode) or keep the email handy on your smartphone. When you arrive, stop by a registration kiosk where we’ll scan the barcode and print your badge.
- What to pack: Attire for AIHce 2015 is business casual. The weather in Salt Lake City will be in the mid- to high-70s during the day and mid-50s at night. Don’t forget a light sweater for air-conditioned meeting rooms and any nighttime events you plan on attending.
- Download the conference Mobile App to start deciding which sessions you’ll attend.
TRAVEL + HOTEL
- Taxi service in Salt Lake City is now unregulated, meaning you must negotiate your fare BEFORE you get in a car. Fares from the airport to the AIHce contracted hotels should range between $20-$30. Make sure you and the taxi driver agree to a rate before you get in using the Rate Negotiation Card. View Ground Transportation options for details and rates for SLC’s Trax light rail, Shared Ride Shuttle Service, and Hotel Courtesy Vans.
- Need to modify your hotel reservation? Contact the hotel directly to change/cancel a reservation. Check your acknowledgement for the hotel’s cancellation policy and telephone number.
NEW! All badge materials will be printed onsite this year! Bring your confirmation email (with barcode) to the Salt Palace Convention Center (SPCC) South Lobby or East Lobby, and head for the registration kiosks. Registration hours are:
- Friday, May 29
5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 30
7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 31
7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 1
7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 2
7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (South Lobby only)
- Wednesday, June 3
7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (South Lobby only)
- Thursday, June 4
7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. (South Lobby only)
- To assist us with logistical details (head counts, security, fire marshal regulations, etc.) and to help us better tailor education to IH professionals worldwide, we will be SCANNING attendees into ALL sessions (PDCs, technical sessions, Stewardship sessions, General Session, etc.). This data WILL NOT BE USED to track certification or CM hours, nor will it be sold or accessible by anyone other than AIHA staff. Please help us learn more about your interests and educational needs by having our staff to scan your badge at session doors. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it will help us help you!
- PDC and Technical Session evaluations are only accessible via the Mobile App! Access the evaluation of each session you attend by opening the session description and clicking the green Session Evaluation button below the description. Your feedback is very important to us to better tailor future conferences to your learning needs. If you have any questions on-site regarding the app, ask any staff member (black badge holder) with a blinking App Genius button.
- Help us give back to the community hosting AIHce 2015. The Local Conference Committee is collecting donations for The Road Home, a local, private, non-profit social services agency in Salt Lake City that assists the homeless identify and overcome the obstacles that have led them to becoming homeless. Bring donations to the donations box located in the SPCC, South Foyer. (Please avoid bar soap and mouthwash.) Donations may include:Feminine Hygiene Products
- Razors/Shaving Cream
- Tooth Brush
- Tooth Paste
- NIX (Lice Treatment)
- Body Wash
- Toilet Paper
- The Mark of Excellence Breakfast will be held Wednesday, June 3 in SPCC, Ballroom C-J, 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. (doors open at 6:45 a.m.). Join us to celebrate the extraordinary contributions made by members and the volunteer community to the industry and the profession. Preregistration is required (a ticket will be printed in your badge credentials), and registrations will be accepted onsite through Tuesday evening.
- Need a spot to meet a colleague for a quick meeting? Want a spot to spread out your materials for a conference call? Reserve time in the new Networking Hub. Located in the SPCC, East Foyer (across from Registration), the Networking Hub offers tables available for these activities and more! Open the conference Mobile App, search for the people you want to invite, schedule a meeting date and time with them, and under location, select a Networking Table (scroll through the listing of exhibitor booths). Head to the East Foyer and find your corresponding table number.
- Download the FREE AIHce 2015 Mobile App sponsored by ION Science. Search AIHce 2015 in iTunes or Google Play stores to download (or use the desktop version). On the login page, select the “Don’t Know Your Password” link and put in the email you used to register for AIHce. A link to access the app will then be emailed to you. After logging in, create and manage your schedule, view session and exhibitor listings, and stay up-to-date on the latest AIHce happenings. The AIHce Daily will be posted to the app to keep you abreast of highlights and important updates on events and technical sessions.
- FREE wireless internet access will be available throughout the SPCC (WiFi code: AIHce2015).
- Join the social media conversation by including the hashtag #AIHce in all of yourTwitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram posts!
NETWORKING + FUN
- Join us for the new AIHce Welcome Party, sponsored by ChemWatch, Sunday, May 31, from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. under the stars at the outdoor Gallivan Plaza (239 S. Main Street – behind the Marriott City Center Hotel). There will be plenty of delicious food and drinks and live music by Joy & Eric, a popular Salt Lake City band. NOTE: Your badge and a valid ID (regardless of age) are required to get into this event.
- New to AIHce? Join us for the First-Timer’s Orientation, sponsored by DuPont, Monday, June 1, 6:45 a.m. – 7:45 a.m. in the SPCC, Room 255ABC. Meet other first-timers, enjoy a tasty breakfast buffet, and get tips on maximizing your overall conference experience and time in Salt Lake City.
- Lace up your running shoes for the 29th Annual AIHF Fun Run/Walk, sponsored by the American Heart Association, ALS, and Industrial Health and Safety Consultants, Inc., Tuesday, June 2, 6:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Check-in is required at the SPCC, South Foyer on Sunday (noon – 5 p.m.) or Monday (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)